Defence Sciences Institute
Defense Sciences Institute began to function in 2001. Its primary aim is to train specialists on defense sciences for the Turkish Armed Forces.
The students will have the opportunity to follow the development in the world and they will have the chance to evaluate and compare the quality of Turkish Armed Forces with other Armed Forces.
These main principles were taken into consideration in planning and providing education and training to realize all these programs.
- Making the students conscious of service and making them acquire the principles of profession dependent on Atatürk's principles and revolutions, Atatürk's nationalism, democratic, secular and social state.
- Having the students acquire spirit and will power which strengthens national unity and cooperation and having them improve our national culture and principles in universal values.
- Preparing education and training programs meeting the needs of Turkish Armed Forces in accordance with contemporary, scientific, and technological principles.
- To teach graduate level courses for the needs Turkish Army in areas that other institutions can not meet.
- To provide certificate and course programs for the needs of Turkish Army.
- To make researches on Defense Sciences Institute and the management of technology and to support projects done by other institutions.
- To publish national and international scientific journals and organize scientific meetings.
To train the people, who are qualified enough to carry out the tactical, technical and administrative activities in the Turkish Armed Forces, who possess scientific and physical competence, military and non-military intellectual knowledge, and who pursue and enhance the quality of his/her education at the Bachelor of Science and Graduate levels.
To train and educate the best active officers at world standards in the Turkish Military Academy.