Main student source of Defense Sciences Institute is the officers who graduate from Turkish Military Academy and other Military Academies. However, civilian students and active officers who graduate from civilian universities can be registered in the institute in accordance with the principles and contingent approved by Turkish Army Commandership and General Staff students who graduate from the schools and branches below can be registered in education and training programs in 2004-2005.
- Graduates of Military Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy.
- Graduates of systems, civil engineering, environmental engineering, geology, geophysycs, electronics, business administration mechanical engineering, chemistry, physics, textile, material, mathematics, computer engineering of Engineering Faculty.
- Graduates of Architecture in Architecture Faculty.
- Graduates of statistics, economics, business administration in the school of Economics and Administration.
- Graduates of industry in Engineering Faculty.
- Graduates of physics, mathematics, statistics in the faculty of science.
- Graduates of mathematics, physics and chemistry in the Faculty of Science and Literature.
- Graduates of foreign universities accepted by the Institute of Higher Education.
- Graduates of the branches below will be examined by the Institute Committees.